Thursday, March 12, 2009

Second Tip for Resava SG Prototype Glass Rod




I wrote about this rod in one of my old posts in Serbian. I built it a couple of years ago utilizing different tip and butt sections of Batson E glass blanks, creating a semi-parabolic staggered ferrule rod (tip 6" longer.)

A couple of months ago I finished another tip section, which now works much better with #5 line (original fine diameter tip was suitable for #4, but worked fine with #5 line for short casts.)

Resava is a small, cascading mountain stream in Eastern Serbia. I used to fish it all the time, many years ago, and it is a perfect water for short rods.








7 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

Vlad, you know how lucky I feel that to have you back blogging and posting! : D

Your work always inspire me a lot, seriously, when I saw your wet fly, I am looking up the catalog to get more material... now... those rod photos are stirring up some rod building mood... ha...very nice! thanks!

flyfishingunlimited said...

Thanks Mark...you are always kind with your comments. I am waiting for the spring and trying to be patient. Spring is a good time for soft hackles, once the first hatches start around here.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Vlad...very cool idea and build.

flyfishingunlimited said...

Thanks Cameron. In the meantime I obtained another, third tip which can be made into a 6/7wt-I am not sure if I'll go for it right now...

cofisher said...

Vlad, your blog is unbelievable as are your rods and flies. You are truely a gifted artist. Thank you Cameron for pointing me here.
Howard

flyfishingunlimited said...

Thanks Howard!! You are too kind, and so is Cameron for featuring my rods in his blog.

Thank you for stopping by,

Vlad

BLUEANGLER said...

Thanks Cameron! Now I have another thing to worry about ... a new glass rod (Vlad style) for the spring bluegill : p lol .

Vlad, can't wait to see more of your photos. Spring creek in action!