Monday, September 13, 2010

Iowa Wild Browns and Steam Engines




I spent the past three days in NE Iowa, fishing some of my favorite locations with Vladimir Vujic, a friend from Chicago. We found plenty of willing fish, and water conditions varied from fairly murky to crystal clear, depending on the stream. Vladimir and myself took trout on small streamers, nymphs and dries, and witnessed several sporadic BWO and midge hatches, caddis and terrestrial activity.

On the second day, while fishing an open pasture section, I was lucky to hook a nice male brown on a size 12 Klink, in riffles under the bridge. Vladimir had his camera ready, and was able to document the fight.

During the last day, the fishing was slower due to the bright skies, but we managed to hook and land some pretty wild fish.
On our way back, we stopped and met Amy's Dad at the steam engine show, which featured steam engines, cars and tractors from a bygone era!

6 comments:

BLUEANGLER said...

Wow... great report and great fish! Vlad,

Those browns are so colorful! The spring fed creek is surely productive! Well done! : )

flyfishingunlimited said...

Thanks brother! It was a fun and interesting weekend... I hope the move to Boston was smooth!

cofisher said...

Really nice post. Enjoyed this a lot. Thanks!

flyfishingunlimited said...

Thanks Howard! Glad you liked it and thanks for stopping by,

Vlad

Jeremy said...

Vlad,

NICE report! Now I see what you were on about before.

Some fine water there and it's cool to see you were able to hook up with your friend from Chi-town. You guys had some fun and that water looks really cool. So CLEAR!!

Thanks for including that video Vlad. I nearly understood what you guys were saying....*G*

My computer blew last week so I've had to replace her. And as I was getting ready to take my boat out yesterday my trucks brake calipers locked up....ouch!

When it rains, it pours! Hope we can get out before too long because Fall is on top of us and it's been too hot the last few weeks.

I'll call you.

Jeremy.

flyfishingunlimited said...

Thanks Jeremy, I've just sent you an email...