Saturday, June 13, 2026

Sight Casting Season is On!

Few fish on the nearby flat this afternoon, all good size, spooky, but hard fighting. All singles and full of lice. Light Daiichi hook has slightly opened on this one... The most exciting moment was watching a large fish slurp a shrimp at the surface, like a large brown would suck in a PMD. I switched to a Shrimp Gurgler, but no cigar. 😎


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exciting! Do you mostly sight fish the beach in Revere and Nahant? I always default to Crane Beach just because I know it, and sunny days can be few so I'm afraid to waste one. but whenever I drive by Revere beach it seems just perfect for sight fishing.

flyfishingunlimited said...

I tend to rotate different North Shore stretches depending on wind, light, and water clarity—Crane is a great reference point for that kind of fishing.